- Provost Lecture Series - Dr. Linda Gerena
- Dr. Linda Gerena Associate Professor Dept. of Teacher Education School of Health & Behavioral Sciences
- What Student Development student featured Provost Lecture Series employee featured plasmas
- When May 01, 2014 from 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where AC-3D01
- Contact Name Dr. Henke Holger
- Contact Phone 718-262-5338
- Add event to calendar iCal
An International Perspective on Bilingual Education
A United States Fulbright Senior Scholar Research Project
This Provost Series presentation will discuss the overall Fulbright Scholar research project goals, the data that was gathered, and how future New York City teachers of linguistically and culturally diverse students throughout New York City can utilize the results and findings.
These future teachers will approach an educational system where almost 15% of the school population is enrolled in either bilingual or ESL programs, where more than 60% of the students served come from homes where a language other than English is spoken, and where effective teaching practices will be essential to student success. Of special interest will be the effective practices protocol that was developed during this research project, as it can be a valuable tool for teachers of diverse populations.