- Math/CS Club Talk: Uniform Transience on Graphs
- Join us for a talk by Dr. Radoslaw Wojciechowski (Department of Mathematics & Computer Science, York College).
- What Mathematics Math and Computer Science Math student featured Mathematics and Computer Studies
- When Sep 03, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where AC/2C07 - Department of Mathematics & Computer Science: Conference Room
- Contact Name Dr. Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-626-2551
- Attendees All are welcomed. You do NOT need to be a math or computer science major to attend.
- Add event to calendar iCal
Uniform Transience for Graphs
We discuss the notion of transience of a random walk on a graph and a natural extension to the concept of uniform transience. Along the way, we will discuss what it means for two lengths to be equivalent. This is joint work with Matthias Keller (University of Potsdam, Germany), Daniel Lenz (University of Jena, Germany), and Marcel Schmidt (University of Jena, Germany).
This talk is self-contained. No prior knowledge of the topics is assumed.
Snacks will be provided.