Applicants must submit the following
- A Graduate Application
- Educational Documents: We require official transcripts from each college/university attended.
- You may opt to use any evaluation services who are a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
- Or use SpanTran our recommended international transcript evaluation service. They have created a custom application for York College that will make sure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate.
- Supporting Documents: Some programs may require additional documentation, such as letters of recommendation, graduate entrance exams, personal statement, etc. Please visit the Graduate Programs page to view the program specific requirements.
- Application Fee: $75 USD, non-refundable check or money order - made payable to York College.
If the documents are not issued in English, Official Translations will be required.
Official translations may be obtained from the following:
- Consulate or embassy of the country that is issuing the document
- Translation agency
- Immigrant or refugee association in the U.S. representing the country issuing the document
- The institution where the student studied
- Faculty member of the U.S. high school, college, or university (must signify his/her academic department and rank)
All translation must meet the following conditions:
- Complete and literal (word-for-word) with no attempts to interpret or evaluate the credential
- Prepared in same format as the original document
- Typed on business or school letterhead stationery
- Signed by a translator attesting to familiarity with the foreign language
Obtaining/Maintaining F1 status
If you are currently an international student in F-1 or J-1 status, intend to apply for a student visa outside of the U.S. or change your status to F-1 or J-1, please contact our International Student Advisor
Grace Prescod - International Student Advisor