- Interested In Becoming A Diplomat?
- A Talk About Careers with the United States Department of State by Usha Pitts.
- What Student Development School of Health and Behavioral Sciences student featured plasmas
- When Mar 28, 2016 from 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where AC 3B01
- Contact Name Dr. Michael Sharpe
- Contact Phone . (718) 262-2695
- Add event to calendar iCal
Usha Pitts is the Diplomat in Residence at City College of New York. Pitts will discuss opportunities in the foreign service as well as share stories from her own postings abroad:
- and most recently Brazil.
Usha Pitts has been an American diplomat for 18 years, serving tours in Cuba, Russia, Panama, Brazil, Italy and Austria. She has degrees in Latin American Studies from the University of Massachusetts and International Development from the George Washington University.
She serves as a State Department representative for the Tri-State area and Pennsylvania. Committed to ensuring our diplomats represent the true face of America, Ms. Pitts informs and recruits from the diversity of American citizens to careers with the State Department. She also teaches a course on Practical Diplomacy at City College.
A former employee of the World Bank and former U.S. representative to two UN agencies, Ms. Pitts can also answer general questions about careers in the international public sector.
- CUNY Diplomat in Residence
- Career Foreign Service Officer
- United States Department of State
Come, hear and ask questions about how to become a Foreign Service Officer and other career opportunities with the United States Department of State.