|To:||The York College Community:|
|From:||James Minto, Executive Director of Facilities Planning and Operations|
|Date:||May 14, 2015|
Phase I - of the “Exterior Repairs” project to mitigate the intrusion of rain water into the AC Building has commenced.
The work being performed in this phase will consist of the following tasks:
- Demolition and rebuilding of brick-work support structure over many windows.
- Roofing asbestos abatement as required
- Miscellaneous Masonry Demolition
- Painting and Installing new flashing that support brick-work
- Removing coping stones and repair of same
- Rebuild brick insulation
- Installing new flashing and anchor repairs
- Repairs to numerous window gaskets
To safely accomplish the above, sidewalk shed and scaffolding are being erected around the AC Building to protect pedestrians while the facade and parapet replacement work is on-going. To reduce disruption to the campus the “heavy/noisy” activities will be completed in the very early morning hours before classes begin and during times when the college is least active. The duration of this work, barring any construction stoppages, is 1 year. Additional notices regarding the construction will be distributed as the project moves forward.
Thank you in advance for your continued support.
James Minto, Executive Director of Facilities Planning and Operations