Hurricane Preparations for York College
- Ensure all projects, experiments, and department equipment and materials are retrieved from outside areas or tightly secured and covered if retrieval is not possible.
- All office windows should be closed and secured in a locked position if possible (Contact Buildings and Grounds at extension 2200 if you require office windows to be locked).
- Ensure all entry and exit doors to offices are cleared of all materials and items that may impede pedestrian traffic.
- Ensure all trash receptacles in your offices are emptied.
Please visit the link below for the New York City and New Jersey Official Hurricane Preparation Guides.
- http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/downloads/pdf/hurricane_brochure.pdf (NYC)
- http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/plan/kit-plan.html (NJ)
Chief Tyrone Forte
York College Public Safety Department
"You don't have to get ready, if you stay ready."