Students' First Day of Classes
Welcome to Spring 2015 term!
The first day of classes is Wednesday, January 28, 2015 and as a student, there a few announcements you must be aware of:
- Please make sure that you are registered for the correct courses that will fulfill your degree requirements (major and general education/Pathways). Check your academic major [Plan] on your CUNYfirst account.
- Attend the correct section of your enrolled course(s) in the designated room, time and the instructor assigned by the Office of the Registrar. You can access this information on CUNY first, Student Center.
- If you plan to or are receiving financial aid, you must log on to FACTS (Financial Aid Certification Tracking System) via your CUNY first student self-service page (tab to Advising Report), to make certain your spring 2015 courses are eligible for aid.
- Brochures on how to access FACTS are available through the campus student offices and poster boards placed around the campus.
- Any changes in your registration/enrollment to meet financial aid requirements must be processed on/or before 11:59 pm on February 3, 2015 to determine whether you will be a full-time (TAP) or part-time (APTS) student.
- If you need to change your courses, you must do so no later than 11:59 pm on February 3, 2015. This must be processed in CUNY first to become effective for spring 2015.
- The CUNYfirst system will be available for students to drop/add/swap courses until 11:59 pm, on Tuesday, February 3,2015.
- Due to the inclement weather, the late registration fee of $25.00 and program change fee of $18.00 will not be applied until Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 11:59 pm.
- Students registering and/or changing their schedules must do so by 11:59 pm on Sunday February 1, 2015 to avoid incurring a late registration ($25.00) or change of program ($18.00) fees.
- If you need to change and or declare a major, you must submit your request to the Office of the Registrar no later than Friday, February 13, 2015 to be effective for spring 2015. Change of Major forms are available online via the Office of the Registrar home page.
- Students in the professional programs must have the signature of the program's director approval prior to submission to the Office of the Registrar for a major [Plan] update. Without the department chair approval, the Office of the Registrar will not be able to update your major which may have impact on your financial aid awards.
Best wishes for an exciting and successful academic term.