Mission and Goals
Program Mission and Goals for the Communications Technology BS program at York College.
The York College Communications Technology Bachelor’s of Science degree is an interdisciplinary program upon completion:
Students will demonstrate the ability to review, conceive, and design integrated media experiences in a variety of mediums and techniques with an understanding of how it will be engaged by a variety of users. Students will demonstrate the ability to navigate the decision-making process for selecting and implementing methods to create integrated media. Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate with and present work for a particular chosen community of integrated media practitioners which they value.
Communications Technology BS Program Goals
Television Production Concentration Goals
- Students will advance their ability to review, conceive and design linear visual story structure using motion pictures as their medium.
- Students will advance their technical skill using industry standard tools in motion based visual storytelling.
- Communicate and present their time-based work in a professional manner concurrent with modern media marketing and digital identity techniques found in the entertainment industry.
Web Design and Development Concentration Goals
- Review and create basic website architectures and designs with the user experience in mind.
- Understand the fundamentals of digital images, HTML and CSS for constructing web page designs.
- Advance communication and presentation skills necessary to succeed in obtaining professional employment and/or pursue graduate studies.