Eligibility, Selection Criteria and Expectations
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Be a full-time undergraduate STEM student with a GPA of 2.3 or better.
- Intended or current degree majors from the Departments of Biology, Chemistry, or Earth and Physical Sciences.
- Must participate in research or on-field training
- Express a strong desire to pursue a career in STEM-related fields.
- Agree to follow all guidelines and expectations.
Preference will be given to applicants who are underrepresented minorities and women majoring in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, and Environmental Health Sciences. Applicants from all other STEM degree majors will be considered. The student's commitment to a career in the STEM field is essential. A low GPA should not discourage anyone from applying as the program aims to help all student participants succeed.
- Maintain full-time student status.
- Maintain good academic standing throughout the program.
- Continue to be enrolled in degree majors from the Departments of Biology, Chemistry, or Earth and Physical Sciences.
- Continued adherence to all guidelines and expectations.
- Participate in all workshops, seminars, career talks, and experiential learning activities.
- Participate and demonstrate progress in a faculty-mentored scholarly project.