Information about student guidelines and expectations
- Attend all programmatic activities, work with an academic mentor, and elect to take STEM-CARE enriched courses.
- Spend 8 hours per week (120 hours per term) on mentored hands-on experience.
- Spend additional 30 hours per term attending programmatic activities (e.g., workshops, seminars, career talks, and field trips).
- Attend all activities to receive full stipend and benefits (150 hours total).
- Participate and demonstrate progress in a faculty-scholarly project.
- Participate in paid extramural or intramural summer internship programs.
- Meet with faculty and evaluators at least twice per semester.
- Continue to be enrolled in degree majors from the Departments of Biology, Chemistry, and Earth and Physical Sciences.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Maintain full-time student status.
- Participate in online surveys.
- Attend appropriate tutorial services and supplementary workshops offered in the summer.
- Students may opt out of the program at any time, although we encourage freshmen and sophomores to stay for the duration of the program.