Office of the Ombudsperson
York College’s Office of the Ombudsperson is an impartial entity, available to all students, which provides a safe, confidential environment designed to assist them in resolving college-related concerns, complaints, or disputes that haven't been solved through traditional channels. We also offer information and clarification on the college’s policies and procedures.
We provide guidance to help address academic and non-academic issues.
- Navigating academic policies and standards
- Understanding Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy requirements
- Guidance for academic misconduct/ integrity (e.g. plagiarism)
- Formal and informal complaints against faculty members
- Student conduct concerns, disputes, and complaints
- Staff misconduct
- Provide awareness, understanding, and use of the Ombuds Services
- Educate students about the fair and equitable process to resolve issues and concerns
- Provide a systemic feedback process that will result in continuous process improvement.
All complaints are taken seriously and will be reviewed by the appropriate departments responsible for such submissions. You should expect to receive an acknowledgment and follow-up.
Office Contact Information
Savitrie Rampersaud | Assistant Director of Student Affairs
Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Room: Academic Core (AC)-2F01A