General Education Assessment Committee (GEAC)
What is the General Education Assessment Committee?
The General Education Assessment Committee (GEAC) is chaired by an academic department chair and is comprised of faculty from departments within the General Education program as well as the Provost/VP of Academic Affairs. The Committee, as with the other two assessment committees, reports to the overarching Institutional Effectiveness Committee. It is charged with coordinating assessment for the General Education program, collecting student data from General Education courses by student learning outcome, organizing student data analysis, and writing annual reports on the state of student learning in the General Education program.
- Timothy Paglione, Earth & Physical Sciences; Committee Chair
- Xiaodan Zhang, Behavioral Sciences
- Laura Beaton, Biology
- Sundeep Bisla, English
- Virginia Thompson, Mathematics and Computer Science
- Thomas Marion, Performing and Fine Arts
- Derrick Brazill, Academic Affairs
- Margaret Ballantyne, World Languages, Literatures, and Humanities
- Greet Van Belle, Center for Teaching, Learning and Ed. Tech.
- Lori Hoeffner, Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning (OIESP)