This is a test Server, please visit for current information

Skip to Main Content


Students not wishing to earn a degree may seek admissions as a non-degree student and enroll in credit-bearing courses on a space available basis.

Students who want to take courses at York College as a non-matriculated student must submit a Non-Degree application.

Applicants who have started post-secondary work with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher, may file a non-degree application and submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. If the cumulative grade point average falls below 2.0, the applicant will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will be required to submit "official" transcripts from all institutions attended. Under no circumstances will grade reports be accepted.

Note: All non-degree applicants must take and pass the CUNY Assessment Tests or be otherwise exempt.

York College reserved the right not to admit students into non-degree status based on prior educational background.

Application and Fee

To submit your non-degree application, you must upload your application and unofficial transcripts on the Admission's "Documents Upload" link. Once processed, you will receive a link to make a payment on the Cunyfirst account. (At this time, we are not accepting mailed applications or transcripts to our facility)

Non-Degree Application

Please note that non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid or student loans and are billed at the non-degree tuition rate.

It is highly recommended that you complete your Non-Degree application before the first day of classes. It is the student's responsibility to clear all enrollment steps before registering for classes. Also, please note, it takes 24 hours to clear the immunization service indicators on the CUNYFirst system.

Visiting Students From CUNY Colleges

A student visiting from other CUNY Colleges should check the website of their home college for information on the "E-Permit" system. "E-Permits" are filed on the CUNY website at

Senior Citizens

Senior citizens who are New York State residents who are 60 or older may be enrolled in undergraduate courses on a space-available basis, without tuition or fee charges except as indicated below, provided they do so on an audit basis. Senior Citizens who audit undergraduate courses will not receive degree credit and grades of "AUD" will be assigned. Senior Citizens will be required to pay a $65.00 non-instructional charge and a $15.00 consolidated service fee for the semester, as well as any penalty fees (i.e., late registration, library fines, reprocessing fees, etc.) Senior Citizens who wish to enroll for credit may opt to do so on the same basis as any other degree-credit student. They shall pay the applicable tuition and fees.

Admissions Process:

  • Must complete non-degree application,
  • Submit proof of age (Medicare card, driver's license, non-driver's ID, or birth certificate)
  • Pay non degree application fee.

New York State Residency

Any information on the non degree application, which indicates prior residence outside of New York State (NYS), will require additional documentation to prove residency in NYS for tuition purposes. Students may have to provide documents to verify that they have resided in NYS for at least 1 year prior to the semester of enrollment.

Immunization Requirement

New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires all students entering a post-secondary institution to provide their health services center with immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella. This law applies to students born on or after January 1, 1957, who are registered for 6 or more credits at a CUNY campus. Proof of immunity must be documented by a health care practitioner or other acceptable evidence in the following ways:

Measles, otherwise known as rubeola -- 2 doses live measles vaccine administered after 12 months of age and at least 30 days apart (exact dates of vaccinations are required);

Mumps, 1 live dose mumps vaccine administered after 12 months of age (exact dates of vaccination is required);

Rubella, also known as German measles --1 live dose mumps vaccine administered after 12 months of age (exact dates of vaccination is required);

Serology (lab) report showing immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. The lab report must be an actual copy showing your immunity to MMR's.

We will accept any one of the following documentation for your MMR vaccinations:

  1. A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on an official government/ school letterhead -- the simplest place to obtain this may be from your most recently attended high school or college; OR
  2. A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on physician's letterhead, which includes printed name, address and telephone number; OR
  3. Have a blood test to confirm immunity. Please note: a copy of the lab report must accompany your campus immunization form for acceptance.

Matriculation Policy

Non-degree students are eligible to apply for matriculation (degree status) during the semester in which they meet requirements for a change of status. The change takes effect the following semester.

The student must meet the following conditions prior to the intended semester of matriculation:

  1. Pass all CUNY Skills Assessment Tests
  2. Earn a minimum of 6 York College credits with a 2.5 or higher GPA
  3. Have all prior official transcripts on file in the Office of the Registrar

Applications for a Change of Status can be obtained in the Office of the Registrar.

Apply Now
for Fall 2022

Direct Admit

Transfer Credit Explorer

Documents Upload

York College Admissions 

Mondays and Thursdays
10:00am - 6:00pm

Tuesdays and Wednesdays
10:00am - 5:00pm 


Virtual Walk-In Hours

Admissions Email

Virtual Tour