The Department of Nursing has suspended office operations on campus in response to the COVID-19 health crisis. Faculty and staff are still available to answer questions, advise students, and respond to your concerns remotely through phone contact and email.
If you are inquiring about nursing program admission requirements, student advisement, and general information call (718) 262-2054 and leave your name, phone number, and email address and someone will return your call.
Applications for admission to the Generic Nursing Program for Fall 2023 will be distributed in March. If you are applying for admission for Fall 2023, please call (718) 262-2054 and leave a message leaving your name, phone number, and email address and someone will return your call.
Please contact the department at (718) 262-2054 with all other questions, issues, and concerns, leaving a brief message with the date, time, your name, and phone number and you will be contacted.
Dates for The NLN Exam are listed below Please see the information below for open and close dates for each exam.
Stay safe and be well during this crisis…
The Department of Nursing Faculty and Staff
The New Process
Students if you log in and set up accounts any other way, their results will not be tied to your institution which may result in having to retake and repay for the exam(s).
- Please review the NLN Student User Guide it will assist you with everything you need to know to set up your new NLN testing portal, how to purchase prep materials and tests, as well as how to review scores.
- Set up NEW NLN Account: York College
You will only use this link once to create the account.
476695-01 - York College - Queens
- Enter First Name, Last Name
- Enter Date of Birth
- Enter the information requested by your institution in the
Details Field (Your entry will be labeled Details in our database)
- Enter City, State, Phone and Click Create New Account
- You will receive a confirmation email, please confirm to activate your account and set your password. (This link is good for 24 hours)
- Be certain to check/change the time zone if necessary.
3. After setting up your new account log into www.nlntest.org to purchase and complete your exam(s), to review your assessment report, and to notify the institution that you have completed the exam.
ADA Candidates: Please note the NLN no longer requires or accepts requests for ADA testing needs. Should a student require additional time, please direct the student to purchase the ACC version of the test in the student store. The cost of the exam is the same as the standard version.
Students the NLN 800 # is currently Not in Service. The quickest way to request assistance is to follow our Student Assistance link for your inquiries and a team member will get back to you as soon as possible.
The NLN PAX-RN exam will be offered remotely. Once you purchase the NLN PAX-RN Exam you have 90-days from that date to take the exam. The exam is currently available and the last date to take the exam will be on Friday, May 19, 2023.
Students must register and pay for the exam at the National League for Nursing Examination Portal. During the COVID-19 crisis, the exam will be offered remotely for $55.00. Information regarding the remote testing will be sent to you from the NLN once you have registered for the test.
To Prepare for the Exam
Practice tests are available for purchase on the NLN website for each section of the NLN Examination through the student store. The three sections are Reading, Math, and Science.
- The Review Guide for RN Pre-Entrance Exam -Jones and Bartlett 3rd Edition - ISBN-13: 978-0763762711 may also be helpful.