Retroactive Withdrawal Petition
To complete the retroactive withdrawal petition process, you are going to need to complete a series of steps required by the Committee on Academic Policy and Standards (CAPS). Please follow the detailed instructions below. It is important that you complete the entire petition as well as submit all required documentation onto the OSAS Secure Portal. Your petition will not be reviewed if any steps are omitted when submitting your petition to the portal.
(Please note, no petitions will be reviewed by the CAPS Committee if the petition is submitted by email)
- To submit a Retroactive Withdrawal, please download and fill out the retroactive withdrawal petition AND the retroactive withdrawal card completely. (Please note, if you fill out one without the other, the petition will not be reviewed until BOTH are completed.) You can download the petition and the card by clicking on the hyperlinks at the bottom of this web page.
- All students seeking retroactive withdrawal must submit a typed personal statement that explains;
- the reasons for wanting to complete a retroactive withdrawal,
- plans for improved academic performance,
- a reason as to why you were not able to complete the class
- if you are withdrawing from all of your courses, and if not why just this one specific class
- Students must also submit supporting documentation. Documentation may include but is not limited to; medical documents, marriage license, death certificate, birth certificate, COVID-19 test results, court documents, police reports, etc.
- In addition, all students must submit the last date of attendance for each class they wish to withdraw from. To obtain a copy of the last date of attendance students must reach out to the course instructor or department.
- Navigate to the yellow secure form upload tab on the left side of the OSAS webpage. Upload your completed (every line must be filled out) retroactive withdrawal petition and retroactive withdrawal card, typed personal statement, last date of attendance on letterhead, as well as any supporting documentation to the OSAS Secure Portal.
(Please note, to submit documents onto the secure portal, please use your York College email and password. If you do not have access to your York College credentials, you can create a temporary password and username by clicking on the blue hyperlink titled “Need an account? Sign up here” within the secure portal.)
- If you are having trouble creating or logging into your account, please contact the York College Help Desk at email@example.com
- Please do not send any petitions, personal statements, or supporting documentation to the department email. All retroactive withdrawal petitions typed personal statements, as well as any supporting documentation for the Fall 2021 semester, must be uploaded onto the secure portal for review.