Career Services Goes Virtual
Effective March 12, 2020 (subject to change based on York College or CUNY directives)
York College Career Services Events
- Events scheduled on or after March 12, 2020, will be canceled, postponed, or held virtually.
- Professional development workshops that were held weekly (Resume Clinic, Internship, Orientation, Focus 2), will now be replaced by online videos.
- Leadership informational session and interviews such as the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, and Role Model Program will be postponed, until further notice.
- We will also keep you updated as we receive details about changes to other events scheduled outside of the campus (Citywide Community Charter School Job Fair).
Drop in Hours/Appointments
- As of, March 12, 2020 and until further notice all in-person appointments will be held via telephone (718.262.2282/5328) or online by emailing email@example.com. Students will receive details on how to connect virtually prior to the scheduling of the appointment.
- You can use Focus 2 to help guide you into the best fit career options
- Upload your resumes on the Career Services website by using your Student ID as your username and if it is your first time signing in click “forgot password” to reset your password
- After your resume has been approved you can apply to jobs and internships on the website. You can also call (718.262.2282/5328) to make a virtual appointment with an advisor.
- To increase the chances of being selected by potential employers, be sure to complete your Career Services online profile.