Financial Aid Office

Financial Aid Office

Withdrawals and Return of Federal Funds

Federal funds (Pell, SEOG, Direct Loans, etc...) are awarded with the expectation that you attend your classes and remain in school for the period of enrollment. If you withdraw (officially or unofficially), Federal regulations requires the College to calculate your eligibility for payment based upon the number of days you actually attended.

The portion of your federal grants and loans you are entitled to receive is calculated on a percentage basis by comparing the total number of calendar days in the semester to the actual number of days you attended before you withdrew.

If you receive (or the College receives on your behalf) more aid than what you have earned, the unearned funds must be returned to the U.S. Department of Education. Likewise, if you received (or the College receives on your behalf) less aid than the amount you have earned, you may be eligible to receive additional funds known as a Post Withdrawal Disbursement.

If you receive excess funds, the College will return the funds to the U.S. Department of Education on your behalf. You will be billed by the College, and you will have to repay the amount the College returned.

It is strongly recommended that you consult with your program advisor and a Financial Aid representative before you drop or withdraw from classes.