NYC Men Teach
In a city where the majority of the 8.4 million inhabitants are people of color, it is important that such diversity is reflected in New York City classrooms.
Diverse cultures, perspectives, and realities are the backbone of our great City and inform every aspect of our daily lives. Yet, far too many young men of color will never see someone who looks like them on the chalkboard. If we are going to be serious about addressing inequity, diverse teachers must be a part of the overall strategy. York College has partnered with the Young Men's Initiative, to unite Black, Latino, and Asian men committed to educating today's diverse student population; supporting each other's professional and leadership development, and empowering the communities they serve.
Join NYC Men Teach
Become a teacher and an innovator in the pursuit of a more equitable city:
- Educate the next generation of leaders.
- Engage in culturally responsive classroom teaching in diverse communities.
- Empower New York youth to embrace their value as students and as citizens.
- Ensure your success by gaining access to a strong network and support structures.
- Expand the possibilities with financial incentives, internships, and mentoring.
Program Director, NYC Men Teach
Department of Teacher Education
Room AC-1D12 | 718-262-2427