Common Learning Objectives must be listed on all Writing 300 syllabi.
All sections of WRIT 301, 302, 303, and 304 share a set of common learning objectives. We strongly recommend discussing and explaining these learning objectives throughout the semester, particularly as students draft and revise formal writing assignments.
All Writing 300 syllabi should include the following learning objectives listed exactly as they appear below:
- Identify, define and develop a focused research topic.
- Conduct library, academic database, and Internet research and evaluate sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to summarize, paraphrase, and quote, as appropriate.
- Synthesize material from multiple sources.
- Document using MLA or APA format, both in-text and in a Works Cited or References list.
- Demonstrate an ability to revise written work through drafting and staged assignments.